Hypnosis is a state of mental and physical relaxation that enables the subconscious to get messages directly from the environment, without any kind of censor or filter. During hypnosis we can connect to the subconscious mind, detect hidden problems and diseases, go back into the past, re-experience past events and change them.
For example, someone suddenly becomes afraid of dogs, he is not aware of the real reason for this. Only via hypnosis he is able to remember a past event of his neighbor being bit by a stray dog.
In this case a person understands that his fear is just associative and doesn’t make any sense. In most cases only an understanding of the connection between the event and the fear is enough for cure.
What kind of hypnotic trances we know?
Trance is a certain state of mind during hypnosis. We know 2 kinds of trances: a spontaneous/automatic one and an induced one. The spontaneous trance is very common. While reading a boring book we automatically proceed without remembering the content. It happens because of spontaneous trance that is induced in certain circumstances when brain weariness occurs.
An induced trance begins and ends with assistance of a therapist or ourselves (self-hypnosis).
How does hypnosis work?
All of us repress things. Repression helps us to cope with reality. The repression takes a toll. It might be any physical or emotional disturbance. In order to treat it correctly we induce a hypnotic trance, reveal a repressed reason and cope with it. For instance, a man (car driver) was involved in a car crash, one of the passengers was damaged badly and became disabled. What happens to the driver? He feels guilty. He desires to escape from the guilt thoughts and 'forgets' about the accident. Following the repression (forgetting) he develops nightmares.
During hypnosis we can go back to the accident, cope with the arising emotions and reframe the event. Overcoming the event leads to recovery.
Is hypnosis dangerous?
If you are treated by an experienced and professional therapist - the possibility of side effects is minimal.
Is it possible to lose control during hypnotic trance?
A patient controls every bit of occurrence during hypnosis. He is free to stop the process at any moment. Knowing that makes the patient confident. Using hypnotic methods requires patient's acceptance.
Is it possible to stay hypnotized without waking up?
Definitely not. If there is no guidance during hypnotic trance, a patient decides by himself when to come back to reality. Even during a very deep trance a patient automatically comes back as simple as waking up.
Is it possible to force someone to discover secrets during hypnosis?
With the aid of only hypnosis it's impossible. If someone wants to keep the secrets he'll do so even during hypnosis.
What are hypnosis treatment benefits?
- No physical contact is required
- High efficacy comparing to other methods
- Brief therapy with long term outcomes
- No prescribed medication is needed
- Any device is not required
- Option for self-treatment (self-hypnosis)
How can we learn the methods for relaxation and self-hypnosis?
- Private Sessions with an experienced therapist
- Participation in workshops and courses
- Recorded and media guides
When is it recommended to use Hypnosis?
- Anxiety and fears
- Sadness and stress
- Insomnia, nightmares
- Stammering first stage
- Marital and communication difficulties
- Problems during pregnancy and delivery
- Tics (involuntary movements)
- Urinal and digestive systems disorders
- First stage of high blood pressure
- Eating disorders
- Sexual psychosomatic disorders
- Several types of dermal diseases
- Cancer (reducing anxiety and best coping with the disease).
Whom to treat with Hypnosis?
- People with psychosomatic illness – chronic conditions that weren't proven medically
- Irresolute people that are at crossroads in their lives
- Prolong condition of grief, stress or trauma
- People that are interested in past events reconstruction
- People that want to succeed in professional, marital (romantic) and social sphere
- People that want to evolve spiritually
- People that want to reconstruct their past lives (reincarnation)
Who is permitted to practice hypnosis treatment?
Using hypnosis in Israel is bound by law. Thus, only certified Medical Doctors, Dentists and Clinical Psychologists are permitted to practice hypnosis. This law also forbids using hypnosis during shows and social meetings.
According to the law exposure of a hypnotized person in public supposedly can cause mental damage. A patient should be treated in private session and discreet atmosphere.